Here is an illustration of a Red Panda for this week’s Animal Alphabets art challenge. During this project I haven’t had a chance to do a Winter scene with snow yet, so I thought this would be a good time to try.
This week’s illustration for the Animal Alphabets art challenge was a Quoll. I had in mind a different background for this illustration, but switched close to the deadline because it wasn’t working out. Needless to say, I think the background could use some work. On the other hand, I feel like I got to practice with some shrubbery, which was a helpful exercise.
This week’s illustration for the Animal Alphabets art challenge was a Numbat. When I was thinking about what flowers to put in this drawing I remembered that I recently took some pictures of some local wildflowers. I haven’t used any of my own reference for these drawings before, so I felt happy I got to use something I had captured as reference for once.
An illustration of a Military Macaw for this week’s Animal Alphabets art challenge. I created a custom brush for the last bird I drew in this series, but the custom brush approach didn’t work so well for this one–I ended up having to draw the feathers by hand. I think with a bit more work on the custom brush I could have got it right, but I just ran out of time to experiment unfortunately.
Here is an illustration of a Loris for this week’s Animal Alphabets art challenge. Last week’s animal (the Kakapo) was also nocturnal, so I thought I should do a slightly different kind of night scene for this illustration. I’ve been wanting to try a firefly scene for a while now and I thought that they might look good reflected in the huge eyes on a Loris.
This week’s illustration for the Animal Alphabets art challenge was a Kakapo. The toughest part of this illustration was figuring out how to do the feathers on the bird. I’ve recently started creating custom brushes in Clip Studio Paint, so I decided to make a feather brush to tackle the problem. Kakapo feathers have some pretty random marks on them so I’m not sure I got it exactly right, but I think I came close.
An illustration of a Javan Rhino for this week’s Animal Alphabets art challenge. I’ve been wanting to do a water scene with one of these animals for quite some time, but I wasn’t sure I had the artistic chops to do so. I decided to jump in with this animal and give it a shot. Still lots to learn, but I feel I made some progress in this illustration.