An illustration of a Military Macaw for this week’s Animal Alphabets art challenge. I created a custom brush for the last bird I drew in this series, but the custom brush approach didn’t work so well for this one–I ended up having to draw the feathers by hand. I think with a bit more work on the custom brush I could have got it right, but I just ran out of time to experiment unfortunately.
This week’s illustration for the Animal Alphabets art challenge was a Kakapo. The toughest part of this illustration was figuring out how to do the feathers on the bird. I’ve recently started creating custom brushes in Clip Studio Paint, so I decided to make a feather brush to tackle the problem. Kakapo feathers have some pretty random marks on them so I’m not sure I got it exactly right, but I think I came close.